Monday, December 14, 2009

Tiger Woods

So, we all know how much Tiger Woods has been in the news lately. A basic overview: Tiger Woods is a pig. Depending on when I write this blog, there could be more women to come forward alleging an affair with the famous golfer. The biggest question I have is WHY would you ruin your seemingly perfect career, family and potentially life all for an affair? What drives affairs and why does it seem that it is all-too-often men having the affair on the woman?
I have always been a Tiger fan. The man appeared perfect (key word: appeared). Now, I can't stand him. I cannot imagine the embarrassment his wife, Elin must feel. Not only is she embarrassed, but she now has to figure out how to handle the situation with regards to her child. The thing I hate the most about this whole situation is the fact that society will judge her for whatever she does. Who really knows the right way to handle the situation? Shoudl she leave him? I'm not really sure how I feel about that. I think that every infidelity situation is different. I think it's incredibly easy to judge others, but until we ourselves are in the position, it's impossible to say one way or another what someone else who is going through it should do. I do think it's good on Tiger's part to take a break from golf, as I'm sure some outraged people would probably make a scene if he did try to continue golfing.
In a statement released on his website, Tiger says: "I need to focus my attention on being a better husband, father, and person." I'm not really sure if I believe his sincerity. I feel like that statement was something his PR department put together to help salvage what is left of this career. I really cant understand how people go on for so long having an affair with someone and are not remorseful, but the minute they are caught, are automatically ready to "focus their attention" on being a better person. Sounds pretty ridiculous to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment